CURT WD hitches come with a 2″ x 2″ shank and are compatible with Class 3, 4 and most 5 trailer hitches, including Xtra Duty and Commercial Duty (2 1/2″ replacement WD shank may be required), as well as some RV trailer hitches.
While a weight distribution hitch will increase the gross trailer weight capacity of most trailer hitches, the vehicle’s weight carrying capacity must be taken into consideration before towing a heavier trailer (NOTE: Never exceed the lowest weight capacity of any towing component).
This trunnion bar weight distribution hitch features a heavy-duty formed head and square spring bars constructed from forged steel. It offers a gross trailer weight capacity up to 10,000 lbs. and a tongue weight capacity of 1,000 lbs. It includes hook-up brackets, spring bar safety chains, a trailer ball and a pin and clip.
For added sway control, this weight distribution hitch includes a sway control unit. While weight distribution hitches are an effective solution for stabilizing and leveling out your towing rig, they should not be considered a sway control. However, when combined with a CURT sway control kit, the WD hitch maximizes its effectiveness in controlling sway. The sway control kit includes a sway control unit, trailer balls to attach to the trailer and hitch, a reinforcement plate and attachment clips.
Show moreShow less
- Includes a sway control kit (Mfr. Part #17200) to help reduce trailer sway
- Equipped with 28 3/8″ trunnion-style, forged steel spring bars
- Sway control easily mounts on built-in sway control attachment tabs
- Snap-up brackets and lift handle allow for easy leveraging of spring bars
- Includes a trunnion bar weight distribution hitch, sway control unit, chains and a pre-torqued 2 5/16″ trailer ball
|MFG Part No.